January 31, 2012

Pear and Ginger Smoothie

We're almost into February and there's hardly any snow on the ground! What is wrong with this picture?  Where are the scarves, mitts, shovels, heaps of snow, slush and salt machines?  One of the benefits, (I thought), of being in TO in the winter while hubby is travelling on business would be that I get to have my snow fix.  But it seems like God has other plans!  The weather is completely wonky- freezing one day with wind chills in the double digits, the next day it's a balmy 5 degrees Celsius.  No wonder people are getting sick!

To help me get through this very weird patch of winter weather we're experiencing, I decided to make a pear and ginger smoothie, courtesy of Guilty Kitchen.  I tweaked the recipe just a tad to suit my needs.

Pear and Ginger Smoothie


1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
juice of 1/4 a lime
a tiny nob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated (you know those tiny nobs that grow off the body of ginger? well that's what I used)
2 tbsp honey flavoured 0% Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup 2% milk

Put all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. 

2 comments:

  1. Hinna, I just posted a smoothie recipe, too! Yours looks SO good, I love pears and ginger. I will have to try this very soon, I have pears in the fridge and am going to make some Greek yogurt here in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to try out your smoothie recipe. I'm just a tad bit skeptical of the spinach.

    Hey, I think you need to write a blog post (if you haven't already) on how to make Greek yogurt.

    ReplyDelete