April 30, 2011

A beverage for breakfast

As you can tell from my blog, I hardly focus my energies on coming up with drink blends to write about as I usually pay more attention to appetizing and filling recipes. However, I think my two recent (if you call a few months ago recent) purchases of magazines that talked about healthy juicing inspired me to dust off my Magic Bullet and trying to create something tasty and refreshing.

There aren't any special ingredients in this drink, just whatever was available in my fridge at the time.  The berries I used are strawberries, but I think any kind of berry would do fine in the drink. And I think a nice sprig of mint would be a nice finishing touch if you were going to serve it to people.

Breakfast Juice Blend



7-10 strawberries, stems removed, washed and cut into halves
1 small ripe banana
1/4 cup of orange juice

In a blender, blend together all three ingredients until you have reached a smooth consistency.  Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment