January 11, 2011

Chicken Tacos

  
Pasadena City Hall

Today I decided to take it easy and take a long walk around the Playhouse District and Old Town Pasadena.  I love walking around these neighbourhoods because you never know when you will come across a cobble stoned path leading you to an interesting restaurant or a tranquil water garden in a old church courtyard.

 I ended up walking down Union Street and came across the Pacific Asia Museum. I didn't get a chance to go inside, but now that I know where it's located, it's on my list of things to do when I take another walking tour of this neighbourhood. Pasadena is a beautiful city and I am glad that I have had the opportunity to spend some time here. 










To have an easy and relaxing day it is important not to spend too much time slaving over a hot stove.  This taco recipe is a very simple meal that only requires about 30 minutes of your time. While you cook the chicken stuffing on the stove, you can prep the other ingredients. This meal is great to serve in an assembly line style as it allows everyone to individualize their tacos.  The chicken recipe I used is from a previous post with one small change. The original recipe asks you to add tomatoes, in this case I did not add the tomatoes because I didn't want to have a saucy chicken stuffing for my tacos.

  
Chicken Fajita Tacos



Chicken Fajita recipe - don't add the tomatoes
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
2 Roma tomatoes, washed and diced
1/2- 1 cup of Romaine lettuce, washed and and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated on a box grater
pickled jalapeno slices, drained (optional)
taco sauce (optional)
1 box of hard corn tacos

Cook the chicken according to the recipe linked above. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the other ingredients.  When the chicken mixture is cooked, cook slightly in the pan and assemble all of the other ingredients in small bowls. 
Warm the taco shells in a toaster or in a microwave for 20-30 seconds. 
Create an assembly line starting off with the chicken and then the onions and tomatoes.  Add the jalapeno slices and lettuce. Top the tacos with cheese and taco sauce and get ready to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment