July 13, 2010

Garlicky Chicken and Noodles in a Peanut Sauce

This is another recipe that I sort of threw together after looking at what I had in the cupboards and fridge.  At first I thought I would just mix the chicken and noodles together, but at the last minute I felt I needed to create a sauce, so that's where the peanut butter came into the mix.

Garlicky Chicken and Noodles in a Peanut Sauce


1lb of boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces (if you don't want to clean the fat off the boneless thighs, use chicken breast)
5 cloves of garlic, diced
chili flakes
salt
pepper
1/2 cup of unsweetened peanut butter
1/2 pound of spaghetti noodles
3tsp olive oil

Mix the chicken pieces with diced garlic and let marinate for 30 minutes.  Heat up olive oil in a fry pan and add chicken pieces and begin to stir fry until chicken is brown. Add chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste.  When chicken is just about cooked, add peanut butter and lower heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally.

In the meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to box instructions.  Drain noodles and add to fry pan. Stir until noodles are combined with chicken and peanut sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment