July 24, 2010

Chicken Fajita Desi Style

I'm one of those people who struggles with what to make for dinner. I spend a lot of time staring into the fridge and freezer, asking myself "What am I going to make today?"  Sometimes the question is answered pretty quickly, other times I draw a blank.  When I draw a blank, I either decide NOT to make anything and eat leftovers, or I throw random things into the pan, hoping that it will come together in the end. This recipe is a result of this random combination of ingredients.  Thank God it tasted good!

Chicken Fajita Desi Style


1 lb boneless chicken thighs, fat removed and cubed
3-4 sprigs of parsley, washed and chopped
1- 2 tbsp fajita spice blend
Stop-light peppers (1 green, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper), sliced
1 onion, sliced
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2  tsp ground corriander
red chili powder (or flakes) to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste

Take the first 5 ingredients and combine. Let the mixture marinate for an hour or two in the fridge.

Add the olive oil to a fry pan and add the chicken mixture.  Add tomatoes and garlic and stir frequently.  When the chicken is starting to brown on the outside, add the ground corriander, salt and red chili powder.  Continue to stir-fry until chicken is almost cooked through. Cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Make sure you do not dry out the chicken- you want the tomatoe juices as your sauce.

Serve with plain white Basmati rice or with a pita.

No comments:

Post a Comment