June 4, 2010

'Tis the Season for Fresh Fruit!

I love fruit, especially when they are in season. The tastes, textures and colours are irresistible! There are so many things you can do with fruit- bake them in crisps, pies and cobblers, grill them and serve with frozen yogurt or ice cream, or simply cut them into a fruit salad.  I decided to experiment with a fruit salad today.
 I don't like adding chaat masala (a mixture of hot and tangy spices that is used to spice up many snacks, salads, fruit salads, fruit juices, and some curries) to my fruit salads because I think it covers up the delicate flavours of the fruit and all you end up tasting are the spices.  Instead, I decided to play around with two simple flavours that I thought would enhance the fruit flavours.  I took my inspiration from Delish.

Fresh Fruit Salad


Fruit of your choice (I used fresh pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, seedless grapes and strawberries.)
A big squeeze of lime juice
Several mint leaves cut into tiny pieces ( scissors work well for this)

Wash fruit and put into a bowl. Add lime juice, cut mint leaves and mix gently. Voila! 

**This is great for Ramadan which is starting in August- a great way to break one's fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment